Royal Commission Support Service

Relationships Australia WA has been selected to support people involved with the Royal Commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse.

Who is this service for?

If you have experienced sexual abuse as a child up to 18 years in any institution or group i.e. school, sporting clubs, orphanages, foster care and religious organisations, group home or club, and/or are considering submitting a written submission to the Royal Commission about your experience, we are here to help.

This service is available to anyone including Aboriginal People, those from a cultural background, and those with a disability. 

If you require support call us on 6164 0255 or complete the form below

About the Royal Commission

In January 2013, the Federal Government appointed a Royal Commission to investigate institutional responses to child sexual abuse. The Royal Commission has been enquiring into how institutions (private, public or non-government) failed to protect children from sexual abuse. It will make recommendations on how to improve laws, policies and practices to prevent and better respond to child sexual abuse in the future. The Royal Commission has concluded its official hearings, however it is still accepting written submissions from people wishing to tell their story.

How can we help?

We will provide support and assistance to people throughout their engagement in the Royal Commission process, including:

  • individual and family counselling face-to-face or by phone
  • referral to other support services
  • accompanying and making telephone calls on your behalf to the Royal Commission and other services
  • providing the information on how to submit a written submission to the Royal Commission

How to access this service?

To discuss how we can support you, or to refer someone to our service please call 6164 0255 or complete the enquiry form below:

PrintEmail a Friend