Information for Online Sessions
Our online sessions are similar to face-to-face, so unlike a webinar where you sit and listen, your active participation is required to ensure you get the most out of your time with us.
To attend our services online you will need:
- A computer, laptop or tablet (such as an iPad) with a built-in camera or webcam, headphones (preferred) or speakers, and a microphone (already built-in on most devices).
- A good, reliable internet connection.
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing (link: https://zoom.us/). It is important to use the most up to date version. Don't worry if you haven't used Zoom before - we will provide you with some basic information and assistance.
For most of our online sessions, we will have a designated Technical Support person available to help you get set-up and to answer any questions you have.
Tips to help you prepare for your session:
- Ensure you have a quiet, private space free from disruption.
- Remove your surname prior to entering the Zoom session.
- Have a pen and paper ready to take notes.
- Test your camera and microphone when entering the session.
- Arrive to the session at least 5 minutes before the schuedled start time - you will be put into a Waiting Room before the session begins.
Things to avoid:
- A smartphone is not appropriate due to the nature of our group sessions, and because many lack the functionality required to ensure proper participation.
- Once the session has started it is a requirement that your camera is switched on for the duration of the session.
- The recording of any part of the session is prohibited to protect privacy of participants. Similarly, Relationships Australia WA does not record any workshops.
If a participant does not attend online, or fails to meet the minimum system requirements, there will be no refund.
We look forward to welcoming you to our online community.