Unless otherwise expressly stipulated by Relationships Australia WA, any sale of goods or services from the site is subject to the following conditions:
Relationships Australia WA will endeavor to provide accurate and fast fulfillment of any orders placed using the site. However, Relationships Australia WA is not liable for delays caused by suppliers, postal and courier companies or any other circumstances.
All transactions are in Australian Dollars. If any amounts are shown in other currencies these are only indicative and may vary due to exchange rate variations at the actual time of transaction.
Credit Card Use
If credit card payment is facilitated by the site, Relationships Australia WA undertakes to use Credit Card details only as specified by you in relation to purchases made on the site. Illegal use of credit cards is a serious crime. Relationships Australia WA will report any suspicious activity and disclose all relevant evidence to credit card companies and law enforcement authorities.
You must not impersonate any person or entity or enter a fictitious name or purport to be authorised to represent any entity if that entity has not authorised you to do so in connection with your use of the site.
Errors in description or pricing
Errors may occur in the description or pricing of products or services offered on the site. Relationships Australia WA may cancel any transaction if any such error occurs, notwithstanding any confirmation of an order or acceptance of payment.
Any supply of goods or services by Relationships Australia WA is subject to any express written warranties offered by Relationships Australia WA or a third party.
Subject to any non-excludable rights, all other express and implied warranties relating to such goods and services are hereby excluded and the provisions of the above clause (Limitation of Liability) apply.
Fees, Concessions, Cancellations And Refund Policy – Education Services
Education Services is a program run and facilitated by Relationships Australia WA that offers courses and workshops.
Education Services are offered to the public on a fee for service basis. Specific fees are charged for individual workshops or courses.
Concession rates are available to:
- Health Care cardholders
- Pension cardholders
For any other concessions contact the relevant branch (West Leederville, Bunbury or Mandurah) and for all online services, contact West Leederville.
Participants must have booked and paid for a place prior to attending any workshop or course.
If the course is delivered online, participants must also have completed the online registration process in advance of the session or course.
System Requirements for Online Courses
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
Cancellation by Education Services- face to face or online courses
If for any reason the workshop or course is cancelled by Education Services, participants are offered the following options:
- a placement on the next available workshop/course,
- credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid,
- or a full refund.
Cancellation by participant – with notice – face to face or online courses
Participants are required to give 3 business days’ notice (by email or phone) if they are unable to attend the workshop or course, in which case they are offered a place on the next available workshop/course, or a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid, or payment will be fully refunded.
Cancellation by participant – with late notice – face to face courses
If a participant gives less than 3 business days’ notice, any refund will be at the discretion of Education Services and may incur an administration fee. Participants may be offered a place on the next available workshop or course, or issued with a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid.
Cancellation by participant – with late notice – online courses
If a participant does not complete the registration process and/or gives less than 3 business days’ notice, any refund will be at the discretion of Education Services and may incur an administration fee. Participants may be offered a place on the next available workshop or course, or issued with a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid.
If a participant does not attend a workshop or course, face to face or online, including but not limited to failure to meet the minimum system requirements, there will be no entitlement to a refund.
To attend our online education courses you will need:
- A computer, laptop or tablet (such as an iPad) with a built-in camera or webcam, headphones (preferred) or speakers, and a microphone (already built-in on most devices). Smartphones are not appropriate due to nature of our group sessions, and because many lack the functionality required to ensure proper participation. Once the course has started it is a requirement that your camera is enabled for the duration of the session.
- A good, reliable internet connection
- A quiet, private space to attend the session and maintain confidentiality, preferably at a desk or table with your device in front of you, rather than lying on a bed or couch.
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing (link: https://zoom.us/). It is important to use the most up to date version
- You will be emailed resources a few days ahead of the session (e.g. handouts) so the ability to print these out is helpful
- You do not need experience in using Zoom to participate – we will provide you with some base information and assistance
- If you have not used Zoom and would like to try it, please use the zoom test function (link: https://zoom.us/test )
Education Services-Contact Details
If you need to contact education services in regards to a cancellation, for a general enquiry, or in relation to an Education Services transaction please call 6164 0200 or email email@example.com. The main office for Education Services is located at 22 Southport Street (cnr Cambridge Street), West Leederville WA 6007.