Feel free to drop in for a fun morning with activities for you and your children. Meet other Dads and enjoy a free breakfast and a coffee. No cost, breakfast included.
When: Fortnightly Saturdays. 27 July, 10, 24 Aug, 7, 21 Sept
Where: Child & Parent Centre 3 Kooljack St, Dudley Park
An open drop-in group where fathers can chat about taking care of themselves and their family over a relaxed bbq with likeminded men. No cost, BBQ meal included.
When: First Tuesday of every month. 6 Aug, 3 Sept, 1 Oct
Where: 21 George St, Mandurah
Tuning in to Teens shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- Emotional Intelligence may be a better predictor of academic andcareer success than IQ.
When: Wednesday morning 14, 21, 28 Aug, 4, 11, 18 Sept
Where: Billy Dower Youth Centre, Rushton Park, 41 Dower St, Mandurah
No cost, refreshments provided, registration required.
A condensed 4 hour course could be made available for FIFO and shift workers. Call 61640619 to register your interest.