This group is for primary school aged children (7–11 years old) who have experienced or are currently experiencing challenging life circumstances, such as a caregiver’s physical or mental illness, bereavement, abuse, stress in the home, or a specific traumatic incident of any kind.
The group will be run over 7 weeks and will offer a safe and nurturing environment, focussed on play and connection building, where participants will have the opportunity to:
- Experience a safe and connected space
- Experience a sense of belonging where all feelings are welcomed and contained
- Improve coping and self-regulation skills through mindfulness
- Grow the ability to identify and express their hurts, worries and fears
- Cultivate a healthy sense of self, including their strengths, skills, hopes and interests
- Build self-compassion and an understanding that they are not to blame for any of the circumstances they are experiencing.
An initial one to one session with the child and their caregiver will take place over June and July prior to the commencement of the group.
Where: Relationships Australia WA, 27 The Crescent, Midland
When: Commencing Wednesday 3rd August
Time: 3.30 - 4.30pm
Cost: $50, includes assessment and program
RSVP: Bookings essential. For more information, contact us on 6164 0480