We run courses and workshops both face-to-face and online, and often first-time participants are unsure of what to expect or what is required of them. Our courses are not a traditional sit-and listen format. Research indicates that knowledge alone does not bring about change, and your active participation is important not just for you but for the entire group, to ensure effective learning.
For all of our courses
- Your attendance and discussions are confidential
- Facilitators create a friendly respectful learning environment
- Facilitators share knowledge and good practice with you but they do not lecture
- You will have an opportunity to hear from others and ask questions that are important to you
- Courses and workshops are interactive – you are invited to participate and share with others
- You will not be put under any pressure to read in front of others, all activities are optional
- You will be encouraged to self-reflect and apply what you learn to yourself and your context
- There are no tests!
Information for Online Courses
Our online courses are similar to our face-to-face courses, so unlike a standard webinar where participants sit and listen, your active participation is required to ensure you get the most out of each session. All of the above applies to online workshops with some extra considerations for making the most of your online experience:
- Each workshop is 2.5 hours.
- Please note that at time of enrolment, each enrolment is for one participant only.
- The recording of any part of the workshop by a participant is prohibited to protect privacy, similarly Relationships Australia does not record any workshops.
To attend our online education courses you will need:
- A computer, laptop or tablet (such as an iPad) with a built-in camera or webcam, headphones (preferred) or speakers, and a microphone (already built-in on most devices). Smartphones are not appropriate due to nature of our group sessions, and because many lack the functionality required to ensure proper participation. Once the course has started it is a requirement that your camera is enabled for the duration of the session.
- A good, reliable internet connection
- A quiet, private space to attend the session and maintain confidentiality, preferably at a desk or table with your device in front of you, rather than lying on a bed or couch.
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing (link: https://zoom.us/). It is important to use the most up to date version
- You will be emailed resources a few days ahead of the session (e.g. handouts) so the ability to print these out is helpful
- You do not need experience in using Zoom to participate – we will provide you with some base information and assistance
- If you have not used Zoom and would like to try it, please use the zoom test function (link: https://zoom.us/test )
Cancellation and Refunds
Cancellation by Education Services- face to face or online courses
If for any reason the workshop or course is cancelled by Education Services, participants are offered the following options:
- a placement on the next available workshop/course,
- credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid,
- or a full refund.
Cancellation by participant – with notice – face to face or online courses
Participants are required to give 3 business days’ notice (by email or phone) if they are unable to attend the workshop or course, in which case they are offered a place on the next available workshop/course, or a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid, or payment will be fully refunded.
Cancellation by participant – with late notice – face to face courses
If a participant gives less than 3 business days’ notice, any refund will be at the discretion of Education Services and may incur an administration fee. Participants may be offered a place on the next available workshop or course, or issued with a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid.
Cancellation by participant – with late notice – online courses
If a participant does not complete the registration process and/or gives less than 3 business days’ notice, any refund will be at the discretion of Education Services and may incur an administration fee. Participants may be offered a place on the next available workshop or course, or issued with a credit for an alternative workshop/course to the value of the fee paid.
If a participant does not attend a workshop or course, face to face or online, including but not limited to failure to meet the minimum system requirements, there will be no entitlement to a refund.
Last Update: 20/05/2021