Our relationship educator Sue Aspin will be visiting Denmark in January to run an education workshop for the local community. Places are limited, so book your spot now.
Denmark - Tuesday 25 January, 9am-12:30pm
Have you ever been caught without the words to help a friend, client, customer or co-worker who was dealing with a distressing situation or opening up to you and sharing their problems?
This half day workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills to help you respond to them in a safe way, without feeling you have to advise. You'll also be clearer about what to say or do so that you don't take on their problems yourself.
This workshop will:
- Explore the differences between helping and rescuing
- Define the role (and limits) of an 'Accidental Counsellor'
- Look at this model including desirable traits and skills of someone in this role
- Explore the significance of self-awareness, emotions, inner critic, personal perception filters and empathy
- Learn the important aspects of specific situations including referring on
- Self Care strategies in the process
Denmark Community Resource Centre
Fee: $95 ($85 for DCRC members). Morning tea included and a professional Certificate of Completion can be provided on request.