Royal Commission Support Service

Relationships Australia WA has been selected to support people who are thinking about or wishing to give evidence at the Royal Commission.

Who is this service for?

If you have experienced sexual abuse as a child up to 18 years in any institution or group i.e. school, sporting clubs, orphanages, foster care and religious organisations, group home or club, and are considering speaking to the Royal Commission about your experience, we are here to help.

This service is available to anyone including Aboriginal People, those from a cultural background, and those with a disability. 

If you require support call us on 6164 0255 or complete the form below

About the Royal Commission

In January 2013, the Federal Government appointed a Royal Commission to investigate institutional responses to child sexual abuse. This Royal Commission will enquire into how institutions (private, public or non-government) failed to protect children from sexual abuse. It will make recommendations on how to improve laws, policies and practices to prevent and better respond to child sexual abuse in the future.

The Royal Commission has just released 5 short films online. The short films provide in depth information on the work of the Royal Commission, private sessions and witness support services. They were created for people who have experienced child sexual abuse in an institution, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.

You can watch the videos here on our website.

How can we help?

We will provide support and assistance to people throughout their engagement in the Royal Commission process, including:

  • individual and family counselling face-to-face or by phone
  • referral to other support services
  • accompanying and making telephone calls on your behalf to the Royal Commission and other services
  • providing the information you need on the Royal Commission process
  • offering you and your family members de-briefing and counselling immediately after giving evidence.

How to access this service?

To discuss how we can support you, or to refer someone to our service please call 6164 0255 or complete the enquiry form below:

Email a FriendPrintEnquire