Client Information & Confidentiality
The Fathering for Life group program is not a confidential service. All of your engagement with the Fathering for Life service is reportable to the Family Court of Western Australia.
Our Duty of Care requires that:
1) Information be report to other people or appropriate authorities:
- If the worker considers you are at risk of harming another adult or child
- If the worker considers you are at risk of harming yourself
- If the worker considers you or children are at risk of harm from another person
- If the client does discloses that s/he has committed, or is likely to commit, a serious crime
2) As part of maintaining a high standard of professional practice and accountability, all counsellors regularly consult with a clinical supervisor and may discuss client information during these consultations.