Building Stronger Families
This six-week course is designed specifically for families with children over the age of 10. Inclusion is the key, and any adult involved in the parenting process is invited to come along and learn the skills needed to keep your family healthy. Parents learn how to be leaders and role models in your family. Children learn how to be special and also how to belong. This course is based on the work of George Doub and Florence Creighton, authors of Survival Skills for Healthy Families.
- Three basic skills: speak, listen and cooperate
- Six steps to resolving conflict
- Six steps to solving problems
- Three patterns that healthy families use
Each family will learn:
- Three ways to encourage one another
- How to build on the strengths in their family
- Six rules for successful family meetings
- Society’s rule on abuse and neglect
Please Note: Parents to attend without children on the third week of this course.