This course is for men who have difficulty managing their anger and runs every week for a series. The group learns how to understand anger and reduce its harmful effects by developing new skills week by week through practice and group interaction. This course is not suitable for men where domestic violence is an issue. This course aims to:
- identify patterns around anger and inappropriate and ineffective ways of expressing anger;
- highlight the five fundamentals of anger and the myths around anger
- stress the importance of emotions and need to acknowledge our own and those of others;
- identify personal needs and rights and responsibilities, core values and core hurts;
- differentiate between aggressive, submissive and assertive attitudes and subsequent behaviours;
- highlight links between anger and fear;
- teach skills to bring anger to healthy resolution – to change what can be changed and to let go of what cannot;
- teach how to deal with other people’s anger and look at futility of blame, the necessity for forgiveness , and the need to let go when appropriate.
Testimonials from previous participants:
"A very helpful course. I've learnt a lot of ways to deal with my relationship"
"I liked everything about it. This course would help anyone"
"Very imformative, very real to life. Very well worth doing"